Wednesday 1 June 2011

Some answers

As the pressure or speed of contact and separation increases, the amount of the static charge buildup (voltage level) increases. 
Source: 

So, from this source, I gathered the necessary information and was able to provide answers for some of the earlier questions. 
- Pressure does affect the amount of static electricity generated
- Since more pressure helps increasse the amount of static charge buildup, I think that I should apply more pressure when rubbing

However, this would lead to another problem. How do I measure the amount of pressure that I use? Sometimes, i may unconsciously use more pressure. 

So, in the end, I decided that I should just use my normal strength. Since it is difficult to measure the amount of pressure applied, then I should just change the factor.
Instead of increasing the pressure, I could increase the speed.
I can keep my speed constant by using a metronome. By following the constant sounds, I will be able to tell whether I'm too fast or too slow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment