Sunday 5 June 2011

A problem yet again

Right after I solved these problems, I'm faced with another.
Even if I have the necessary materials and information, I needed a place to conduct the experiment.

 I first tried my kitchen sink. It worked!! The water did 'bend' when the balloon charged with static electricity was placed near it. However, the sink was a little small and it was positioned at an angle that made filming difficult.

So, I tried with a hose, out at the balcony. It was too futile. This time it was not because of the spacial problem but that the water did not 'bend'!! I got a little worried but brushed it off, thinking that it might be because the water pressure was too strong.

Then, I tried the shower. Even though the stream of water was small, the water still did not 'bend'!! It seem that it only works at the sink.

In order to conduct my experiment in the kitchen, I had to cut down the size of my materials, such as my scale and the balloon size. So, instead of the usual 20 pumps of air, I only pumped in 10 pumps of air for the balloon this time round. With a smaller balloon and scale, hopefully, the whole process may be caught on tape.

No comments:

Post a Comment