Tuesday 31 May 2011

Other problems

Before I attempted the experiment, I tried rubbing a balloon on my friend's hair for about 20 times. To my surprise, the balloon seem to have lost the static electricity it gathered after a few seconds, less than 10 seconds.

More research need to be done before the actual experiment is carried out. There are some things that I need to find out, such as:
- For how long can the balloon contain the gathered static electricity?
- How many times must the balloon be rubbed against the hair to generate enough static electricity? 50 times? 60 times?
- Does the pressure affect the amount of static electricity generated?
- Should I rub harder or with normal strength?
- Does the friction produced when balloon comes in contact with hair affects the amount of static eletricity generated?

For the time being, these few questions need to be solved first before I attempt the experiment. More background research and information is necessary for me to ensure the success of my experiment.

No comments:

Post a Comment